[Pdns-users] pdns-ldap-backend version 0.2 released

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at admin.noa.gr
Fri Apr 5 08:28:08 UTC 2013

Forwarded:

On 4/4/2013 11:08 μμ, Grégory Oestreicher wrote:

 > After nearly three weeks without incidents reports the official
version 0.2 of
 > the backend has been created. You can either get it from the Git
repo, at the
 > tag 'v0.2', or download it from here:
 > http://sequanux.org/dl/pdns-ldap-backend/pdns-ldap-backend-0.2.tar.gz
 >
 > The major change in this version is support for master mode.

Thank you for this release, Gregory.

I would propose that this, even at the current version, be included in
pdns main source tree, since it is much better than the old one, and
currently there are many backends which do not support the full feature
set (e.g. http://doc.powerdns.com/html/luabackend.html)

What's more, the master functionality was the most important one missing
from the backend, while your release also fixes nicely the critical
ldap-server-connection issue (Bug 260).

Therefore, I would suggest you coordinate with pdns managing team for
the required actions to be taken for the inclusion in all current and
future releases.

Thus, the ldap backend will exit the "unmaintained" status (see:
http://doc.powerdns.com/html/ldap.html) which may attract new users and
help this project gain momentum.

Hence, I am taking the initiative to forward our correspondence to the
pdns users mailing list.

Best regards,
Nick