[Pdns-users] DNS RRL for PowerDNS

Jan-Piet Mens jpmens.dns at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 15:01:25 UTC 2012

Klaus,

> Are there any plans to implement DNS RRL
> (http://www.redbarn.org/dns/ratelimits) or similar for PowerDNS?
> These DNS amplification attacks are really annoying.

asking, just like that without promising anything, won't get you
anywhere... ;-) Look at what Paul Vixie promises below ;-)

        -JP

----- Forwarded message from paul vixie <paul at redbarn.org> -----

Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 13:06:06 +0000
From: paul vixie <paul at redbarn.org>
To: Phil Regnauld <regnauld at nsrc.org>
Cc: dns-operations at mail.dns-oarc.net
Subject: Re: [dns-operations] DNS ANY record queries - Reflection
Attacks

On 9/12/2012 10:57 AM, Phil Regnauld wrote:
> I do wish we had similar knobs in NSD (I thought version 3 was going
> to offer that) -
> http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/downloads/NSD_DenicTechnical.pdf, but that's
> from 2009.

i will pay my own air fare and hotel costs to spend a week with the NSD
folks if they want to implement DNS RRL and they think that having me in
the office to yell at will improve their chances.

or they can find me during RIPE 65 and i'll tell them what little i
know, PLUS i will buy them beer.

paul