[Pdns-users] pdns_control retrieve can't find SOA

Frank Louwers frank at openminds.be
Thu Oct 18 20:41:39 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am currently running 3.2-pre.20121012.2810-1 of pdns-server. The pdns
instance in question is both a "native" pdns (gmysql backend) and a
slave for a few BIND servers.

I am having a few issues with AXFR'ing data from the various bind
(super-)masters.

Consider a domain example.tld with normal zone entries, nothing special.
The bind master also has a subzone "sub.example.tld", valid zone as
well. The only thing "dodgy" about it, is that there is no explicit
delegation to sub.example.tld (so no records mentioning anything about
sub.example.tld in the example.tld zone file).

example.tld get's transfered without problem. I can manually dig -t AXFR
sub.example.tld.

On a NOTIFY, the entry in the domains table gets created. It should now
be queued for AXFR. But his never happens. If I force an AXFR using
pdns_control retrieve sub.example.tld, I get the following entry in my logs:

Oct 18 22:29:45 ns2 pdns[11522]: No serial for 'sub.example.tld' found -
zone is missing?

But both dig -t SOA and dig -t AXFR work perfectly.
Any suggestions?

Regards,

Frank

--