[Pdns-users] Automatically delete zones that are deleted on Supermaster

Mark Scholten mark at streamservice.nl
Tue Nov 13 14:21:16 UTC 2012

Hello Ruben,

> I would like some feedback on this, as there are a number of options:
> - Change list-all-zones to also show last_check (how would we format?)
> - Change show-zone to output more information about the zone (this was
> also suggested in ticket #608)
> - Create a delete-old-zones command which receives a last_check
> parameter and automatically deletes al zones that have a last_check
> field lower than the given command.

Hello Ruben,

If you ask me including it in the list-all-zones is probably the best option
to limit the load if you need to check all domains and have a few 1000 zones
in your name server. I think the first option (where possible include the
(hidden) master so external scripts can do a few additional tests before
removing the domain).

Mark