[Pdns-users] libmysqlclient.so.15

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit) nils at lemonbit.com
Tue May 29 00:19:11 UTC 2012

Aldert wrote:

> Hi all, I'm trying to install:
>
> pdns-server-backend-mysql-3.1-1 on Centos 5.7 (i386 32 bit) with MySQL 5.1
> pdns 3.1.1 works well with 'launch=BIND'
>
> The available Centos rpm for the backend doesn't install. Error:
>
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> pdns-server-backend-mysql-3.1-1.el5.MIND.i386 from pdns-server-MIND has depsolving problems
>   --> Missing Dependency: libmysqlclient.so.15(libmysqlclient_15) is needed by package pdns-server-backend-mysql-3.1-1.el5.MIND.i386 (pdns-server-MIND)
>

> libmysqlclient.so.15 is provided by MySQL 5.0
> While in MySQL 5.1 it is libmysqlclient.so.16
>
> I just shifted from BSD to Centos, I need MySQL 5.1 and recompiling is not on my wishlist yet....
>
> Do I really need to recompile/rebuild the rpm because of this ?? If so, where do I get the Specfile (because I only see a SRPM in the Centos archive)? Somewhere I need to get a correct libgmysqlbackend.so, I suppose. Or a symbolic link? Some explanation would be welcome. I didn't find my answers with Google or in the mailinglist-archive.

CentOS 5 distributes MySQL 5.0, which is probably why the RPM packages depends on MySQL 5.0's version of libmysqlclient. If you installed a custom build of MySQL 5.1 then you'll need to rebuild the src RPM or find some other way to satisfy the dependency (a separate install of libmysqlclient_15, install from source).

Nils Breunese.