[Pdns-users] libgmysqlbackend.so / libmysqlclient.so

Al a.nooit at gmail.com
Fri May 25 19:42:37 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Duplicate, 'cause last post was html. Some explanation would be welcome,
though.

I'm trying to install:
pdns-server-backend-mysql-3.1-1 on Centos 5.7 (i386 32 bit) with MySQL 5.1
(pdns 3.1.1 works well with 'launch=BIND')

RPM install error:
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
pdns-server-backend-mysql-3.1-1.el5.MIND.i386 from pdns-server-MIND has
depsolving problems
   --> Missing Dependency: libmysqlclient.so.15(libmysqlclient_15) is
needed by package pdns-server-backend-mysql-3.1-1.el5.MIND.i386
(pdns-server-MIND)

libmysqlclient.so.15 is provided by MySQL 5.0
libmysqlclient.so.16 is provided by MySQL 5.1, which is on my system

Do I need to recompile/rebuild the rpm to solve the error?
I've just shifted from BSD to Centos so recompiling a rpm is not on my
wishlist yet....
(If so, where do I get the specfile, because I can only see a SRPM in
the Centos archive)

Somehow I need to get a correct libgmysqlbackend.so, I suppose. Or
symbolic links? Sorry, I didn't find my answers with Google or in the
mailinglist-archive, possibly due to a fundamental misunderstanding.

Cheers,
Al