[Pdns-users] Not working forward-zones=abc.com=10.51.100.8

Muhammad Yousuf Khan sirtcp at gmail.com
Thu May 17 09:43:31 UTC 2012

Well, I am using Squid which is working  in  FW mode.  (inside and outside
interfaces)

Layout
------------

10.51.100.0/24(LAN)<----squid------->(internet)

Now I am using reporting tool sarg which i hope your are aware of, that is
generating reports against SQUID log by default sarg generates IP base
reports, further more there is an option in sarg report by which we can
convert IP address to FQDN to make it more user-friendly to understand .
but for that it is necessary that Squid box must communicate with Local DNS
in order to resolve these IP (reverse lookup) and convert it back to FQDN,
and also for other purposes I need my Squid box to recognize my local DNS
and send all the concern query only to the local DNS which is  10.51.100.8.

Thanks

Ykhan