[Pdns-users] Not working forward-zones=abc.com=10.51.100.8

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Thu May 17 09:18:28 UTC 2012

Hello Muhammad,

On May 17, 2012, at 9:59 , Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:

> here is the setting and this setting is not working for me and i need this to be working for sarg report for Squid. tcpdump do not generate any DNS traffic log. when i dig 'abc.com' (which is my local domain) however others internet pubic domains are working fine.
>
> forward-zones=abc.com=10.51.100.8
>
> here is the output of
> command
> =======
> dig ykhan.abc.com
>
> <<>> DiG 9.7.3 <<>> ykhan.abc.com
> ;; global options: +cmd
> ;; Got answer:
> ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 10244
> ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0
> ;; QUESTION SECTION:
> ;ykhan.abc.com.  IN      A
> ;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
> assuretyconsulting.com. 1643    IN      SOA     sr-dc.abc.com. hostmaster. 1190 900 600 86400 3600

This is not what I see - suggesting that your forward-zones statement is in fact working.

Apart from that, I'm having trouble understanding your question. Could you please describe your setup in some more detail, tell us what you would like to accomplish, and elaborate on what is going wrong?

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/