[Pdns-users] Slaving Opennic zones using bind-backend

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Sat May 12 08:22:53 UTC 2012

Hello Oliver,

On May 11, 2012, at 18:16 , Oliver Kent wrote:

> I must apologise because the patch does work, I was just being an idiot.
>
> However this seems to create another problem. When I query localhost for an OpenNic domain, I just get a list of nameservers:
>
> dig @localhost wiki.opennic.glue

> The same thing happens when I try to dig google.com, this query should be passed on to the recursor.

If you have auth running in front of recursor, auth will give the best *auth* answer it has for a question. This behaviour could be slightly better, but what you want does not make sense - your recursor doesnt even know about opennic.

If you want to run both an auth and a recursor, and you want the auth to host the opennic root, and you want your recursor to honor the opennic root, you need to point your clients to the recursor directly and set up forward-zones accordingly.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/