[Pdns-users] service fail issue pdns_recursor

Muhammad Yousuf Khan sirtcp at gmail.com
Tue May 29 12:48:19 UTC 2012

i observe that when ever our any client hit download full CIR.
powerdns_recursor stop responding. for e.g. i was downloading a file
300gb via squid proxy and during that time. ping time response of
8.8.4.4 reach from 57ms (average)  to 447ms (average) then my squid
proxy stops browsing due to DNS failure . and make to make things back
to normal  i have to restart the pdns_recursor service . however in
log i could not find any thing related to failure or any pdns related
error. could anyone explain to me how to track down this issue.
because it is increasing my dependency and services needs to be
manually restart which is a pain for me. can any one help plz?.

Thanks,