[Pdns-users] nxdomain() prepending, not replacing

Ben C. nez at q9y.net
Mon May 21 18:42:24 UTC 2012

I'm not sure if I'm doing something incorrectly, or I broke something..
or.. ?
I'm running debian wheezy, freshly upgraded, and have this in my lua script:

function nxdomain (ip,domain,query_type)
ips={}
 if query_type ~= pdns.A then return -1, ret end
ips[1]={ query_type=pdns.A, content="1.2.3.4" }
 ips[2]={ query_type=pdns.A, content="5.6.7.8" }
return 0, ips
end

very simple .. copied and pasted straight out manuals .. but, it doesn't
work as expected:;

$ host broken.example.com my.dns.server.com
Using domain server:
Name: my.dns.server.com
Address: my.dns.server.com #53
Aliases:

broken.example.com has address 5.6.7.8
broken.example.com has address 1.2.3.4
Host broken.example.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
Host broken.example.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

.. Is it me, or does it, in a very incorrect/unexpected way, seem to be
returning A, A, NXDOMAIN, NXDMOAIN, ..
instead of what one would expect, .. A, A?

Ben