[Pdns-users] ipv6 master/slave setup questions

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Mon May 7 07:00:40 UTC 2012

Hello Wouter,

On Apr 22, 2012, at 19:40 , Wouter Prins - BusinessConnect wrote:

> I noticed the following in a master/slave setup with both the master and slave running ipv6 and powerdns 3.0-1.1+b1.
> The slave is receiving a notify over ipv6 from the master, the slave logs this message:
>
> Apr 22 19:00:09 ns1 pdns[1973]: Received NOTIFY for <domain> from XXXX:YYYY::53 which is not a master
>
> I added the ipv6 address into the super masters table, but it wouldn't work:
>
> 1.) the database scheme for mysql with the ip field is set for 25 chars?

This is an oversight on our end. Feel free to make the field larger. I've made a note to adjust our default schema.

> 2.) how to deal with 'zero filling' of an ipv6 address?

Using :: should just work.

> Is this supposed to work with ipv6 and would it be possible to force notifies from the master over ipv4?

As far as I know, yes, this is supposed to work. Please let us know if you run into trouble after you have adjusted your supermasters table.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/