[Pdns-users] IP address request

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Wed Mar 21 10:24:43 UTC 2012

Hi Mikhail,

On Mar 20, 2012, at 23:38 , Mikhail Nasonov wrote:

> Ruben, thank you very much! This is what I need.
>
> 21.03.2012, в 2:06, Ruben d'Arco написал(а):
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think these links might be useful for you:
>> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vandergaast-edns-client-subnet-00
>> http://wilmer.gaa.st/edns-client-subnet/
>>
>> I'm not sure, but i believe the pipebackend uses the ip address from the edns-client-subnet and if that does not exist, falls back to the source of the packet.

Note that you need to say 'edns-subnet-processing=yes' in pdns.conf to get these. modules/pipebackend/backend-v3.pl is an example pipebackend script with full EDNS subnet-awareness.

Note2: the PowerDNS 3.0 pipebackend has a few parsing bugs that only occur when using pipe backend abi v3; current SVN (which is likely to be released as 3.1-RC1) has those fixed.

Kind regards,
Peter van Dijk