[Pdns-users] KSK Key time

Jan-Piet Mens jpmens.dns at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 14:57:22 UTC 2012

(Keep this on-list please.)

> So:
> Powerdns is resigning the records automatically or do I have to run a
> command.

PowerDNS re-signs the records automatically -- you don't have to do
anything manually.

> What im missing in the docs or I read over it.
> When you add a record, or change a record of the domain.

When you add or update a record in the database back-end PowerDNS takes
care of re-signing for you: you don't have to do any either. :-)

> Do I need to create a new KSK or is resigning the records the only thing to
> do.

Well, neither nor, I suppose: if you *already have* a KSK, leave it
alone: DO NOT create a new one. [unless you want to roll your keys, but
lets forget about that for now.]

As re-signing takes place automatically, there's pretty much little for
you left to do: enjoy the weekend! ;-)

        -JP