[Pdns-users] Running pdns alongside pdns-recursor on the same host

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 08:47:21 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

I am new with pdns & recursor.

I'd like to replace BIND with pdns/recursor because of the ability to use
MySQL backend with pdns.

Already I am hitting many problems.

1. I don't see how to run both concurrently on the same host as they always
conflict on the IP. The host has a singe address - 192.168.40.252.
    Ultimately, the intention is to expose the
    host to the hostile Internet as an authoritative server for some
domains I host, while at the same time allow our private/public subnets to
do recursive queries
2. The recursor is able to resolve queries on all domains NOT hosted by my
ISP. Anything hosted by my ISP seems not to resolve
3. I will need to run TWO separate servers to act as primary and secondary
for the domains I host. I am RTFMing right now and even though I haven't
gotten to that section of
    the doco, I want to believe that there is an easy way to implement this
(apart from DB backend replication). Pointers are welcome.
 At the moment though, how do I resolve 1 & 2 ??

Thanking everyone in advance.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,