[Pdns-users] pdns & nproxy

Wouter de Jong wouter at widexs.nl
Fri Jul 6 14:18:01 UTC 2012

Hi,

We struggled with this issue ourselves as well for a long time.

We'd like to migrate our current setup where we (scripted) sync records from a 'master' database
to the actual databases running on each nameserver, to a setup where we have one 'master' MySQL
database and use MySQL replication to all the nameservers (and run them in NATIVE mode only).

However, just like Fred if I understood correctly, we currently run our ns2/ns3 in SLAVE mode, and they perform AXFR's and receive NOTIFY's.
We prefer to let one AXFR-server handle the AXFR's to update the 'master' database (which will then replicate to all nameservers).
But there has to be something to forward the incoming NOTIFY's on the nameservers running in NATIVE mode,
to the AXFR server so that can actually perform the transfer at that point (and not have to wait until slave-cycle-interval,etc).

Best regards,

Wouter