[Pdns-users] Cname in main record makes other fails

Fernando Morgenstern fernando at consultorpc.com
Tue Jul 31 14:18:55 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm running powerdns 2.9.22.6 with a mysql backend.

I had a strange issue with a domain yesterday ( let's call it example.org ). The main record "example.org" had a CNAME to another domain. Although this record was working it was causing others to fail.

Example: TXT, SPF and MX records were defined but pdns was not serving them.

After i changed the main record to A, pdns automatically started to serve other records correctly.

Is this an expected behavior or an issue with my current version? I couldn't find any info about this.

Regards,
---

Fernando Morgenstern