[Pdns-users] Strange problem with powerdns and keepalived

Stefan Schmidt zaphodb at zaphods.net
Wed Jan 25 00:41:02 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 1:06 AM, Rory Toma <rory at ooma.com> wrote:
> I currently only have the one machine using keepalived, to simplify the
> situation as I debug it, and netstat shows listening on tcp port 53 on the
> keepalive address.
>
> Also, I have replicated the exact same setup (even the hardware!) with /24
> networks, and it works, just not with a /16.

Honestly, a one machine setup using keepalived sounds quite odd.I have
successfully run a two host keepalived setup in the past where the
service would run on the loadbalancers themselves, but i fail to see
the point in running it with just one host when the service is running
on the same host as keepalived.
What does issuing a `ipvsadm --list` give you?
Maybe there actually is a loadbalancing setup configured for tcp/53
that forwards the packets elsewhere but not for udp/53, that would at
least explain some of it.

 Stefan