[Pdns-users] Retry NXDOMAIN with a secondary forwarder

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Sat Jan 7 09:27:46 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jan 07, 2012 at 03:45:08AM +0000, Richard Connon wrote:
> Is it possible through lua scripting or otherwise to configure
> powerdns to look NXDOMAIN responses up in a second forwarder before
> returning NXDOMAIN.
> To clarify I'd like it to go something like:

No, Lua does not have that level of control. The one thing it could perhaps
do in the upcoming 3.4 is translate one name into two others, which are each
tried in turn.

So you ask for www.richardconnon.com and that is translated into a query for
www1.richardconnon.com and if that doesn't work www2.richardconnon.com.

But I'm not sure this will work, or if it even is what you want.

	Bert

--
PowerDNS Website: http://www.powerdns.com/
PowerDNS Community Website: http://wiki.powerdns.com/