[Pdns-users] PDNS - NEED HELP ABOUT POWERDNS WITH GEO BACKEND FOR MULTI-DOMAIN

José Arthur Benetasso Villanova jose.arthur at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 10:20:38 UTC 2012

Hi again.

You are right, the 1st module can't be an alias.

I've tried to recompile the patch and configure it once again. So far, I
just made the configuration work, I didn't test the entire settings. Here
the *working* configuration:

launch=geo,geo:geo2
geo-zone=example.com
geo-soa-values=ns1.example.com,postmaster.example.com
geo-ns-records=ns1.example.com,ns2.example.com
geo-ttl=3600
geo-ns-ttl=86400
geo-ip-map-zonefile=/home/ze/tmp/pdns/etc/geo1/zz.countries.nerd.dk.rbldnsd
geo-maps=/home/ze/tmp/pdns/etc/geo1

geo-geo2-zone=example.net
geo-geo2-soa-values=ns1.example.net,postmaster.example.net
geo-geo2-ns-records=ns1.example.net,ns2.example.net
geo-geo2-ttl=3600
geo-geo2-ns-ttl=86400
geo-geo2-ip-map-zonefile=/home/ze/tmp/pdns/etc/geo2/zz.countries.nerd.dk.rbldnsd
geo-geo2-maps=/home/ze/tmp/pdns/etc/geo2

In my setup, I got this message "[geobackend] Error occured while reading
director file /home/ze/tmp/pdns/etc/geo2/zz.countries.nerd.dk.rbldnsd:
$RECORD line empty or missing, georecord qname unknown"

Well, since I just "touch"
the /home/ze/tmp/pdns/etc/geo2/zz.countries.nerd.dk.rbldnsd, it's ok.

Again, I didn't test the server, I just made the configuration work.

--
José Arthur Benetasso Villanova