[Pdns-users] Lua Scripting

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Thu Feb 16 14:55:04 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Feb 14, 2012, at 17:18 , kamvij wrote:

> I am trying to return an SRV record using Lua, but the pdns-recursor does
> not seem to parse my return list correctly.
>
> I use the following:
>
> ret={}
> ret[1]= {type="SRV", rdata="_http._tcp.<ip address> SRV 0 1 80 <ip
> address.>", ttl=1}
> return 0, ret
>
> Any help is appreciated.

Next time, please include a little more of your code, this makes it easier to reproduce your issues.

As for your problems: type and rdata are not field names used by PowerDNS and I do not see them in the docs at all. If you use 'qtype' and 'content' as field names, your code should mostly work.

I doubt the use of applying SRV to IP addresses, though.

Kind regards,
Peter van Dijk