[Pdns-users] Pdns answer for non-existing zones

Gaëtan Allart gaetan at nexylan.com
Thu Feb 23 10:34:58 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

Yesterday, I upgraded from pdns 2.x to 3.0.1 on Gentoo Linux. It's
operating as slave DNS for many bind master dns servers.

Since this upgrade, my slave became different.

Before, when my server was queried for "non-existing zone on slave" going
to ns1.nexylan.com and ns2.nexylan.com (ns2 being my PDNS), answer was
just ignored by end-users who where falling back on master server.

Now, with 3.0.1, end-users are not falling back to master anymore, making
me think that pdns answer is different.

Is this something I can configure? Have you experienced this issue before?
Right now, i just stopped my pdns slave waiting for a solution.

Thanks for your help,

Gaëtan