[Pdns-users] Upgrading PDNS from 2.9 to 3.0- STL error: Creating local resolver socket for ::: Address family not supported by protocol

Dougan, Linda A DOUGANLA at gru.com
Thu Feb 16 16:41:03 UTC 2012

I am upgrading from pdns 2.9 to 3.0.1.  I am using postgres on gentoo(linux) server.  I upgraded to Lua 5.1 since it said it was needed in the PowerDNS upgrade notes. I am using boost-1.41.0-r3.  After upgrading to pdns-3.0.1, I am getting the error below and DNS does not work.

"Communicator thread died because of STL error: Creating local resolver socket for ::: Address family not supported by protocol"

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Linda