[Pdns-users] [Pdns-dev] LDAP backend fork

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Thu Dec 13 07:40:35 UTC 2012

Hello!

Grégory, thank you for doing this! I agree that this is the best course for
the LDAP backend right now. As you say, I also hope this is temporary.

I will be following your mailing list, and if I get a sense of consensus on
changes, I'm happy to back port commits or even back-merge the whole tree at
certain points. If this fork finds a stable and vocal user base (something we
have not accomplished with ldapbackend), perhaps we can move development back
to our tree. We will see!

On Dec 12, 2012, at 22:51 , Grégory Oestreicher wrote:

> Following a chat with the PowerDNS chaps on IRC I've decided to fork the LDAP
> backend. The reasons are explained in the project README, but as no-one ever
> reads those I'll just paste it below. It saves me typing time :)

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/