[Pdns-users] Generating ZSK/KSK not using pdnssec.

Tino Donderwinkel tino at tino.nl
Fri Dec 28 21:40:22 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I am starting to learn PowerDNS and use the gmysql backend, with DNSSEC enabled.
Yet, I 'manage' DNS through a web interface that is running on a separate server. (e.g. Your typical write-to-a-mysql-database scenario, but the web server part is separated from the PowerDNS server part.)

In order to get the proper ZSK/KSK one could normally use pdnssec secure-zone <myzone>, and the keys would be added to the cryptokeys table.
Since this is not possible for me, I would like to create the proper key information 'manually' and place it in the MySQL cryptokeys table.

Does anyone have a good how-to or tips what's the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks, (and best wishes!)

Tino Donderwinkel