[Pdns-users] pdns-recursor - try next working DNS server?

Bogdan Enache enachebogdan at gmx.com
Mon Dec 3 09:36:25 UTC 2012

Hi,
I have an installation of pdns-recursor 3.3, and there is a problem
which I'm not sure how to solve.

Someone has a domain with 4 DNS servers registered ("ns1.domain.tld",
"ns2", "ns3" and "ns4"). But out of those 4 DNS servers, only 2 are
working (ns2 and ns4), the other 2 are down (ns1 and ns3).

I see pdns-recursor isn't able to resolve that domain, it never tries
the next working DNS. For BIND i see it's working, it's trying the next
one.

Is there any way to replicate the same functionality for pdns-recursor?

Thanks.