[Pdns-users] pdns_recursor and forward zones with autorative reply

Pavel Ondřej pavel.ondrej at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 07:00:03 UTC 2012

---- Your question is not entirely clear to me. Could you post concrete examples, including configurations? Thanks!

No problem.

E.g. I have domain my-domain.com - there I will set my DNS (powerdns) servers (mydns1.local.cz, mydns2.local.cz).

But right DNS records have foreign servers - 1.ns.isp.com 2.ns.isp.com

(all is example)

What I need is, that if someone will lookup for my-domain.com, so register .com give him my servers, but I need forward query to DNS from isp.com, and return authorize answers. Now it is no-authorize and domain is without function.

Now I have only:
forward-zones-recurse=my-domain.eu=1.1.1.1;2.2.2.2

Thanks for your time