[Pdns-users] Solaris specific issues and remarks

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Thu Apr 5 05:24:10 UTC 2012

Hello Juraj,

On Apr 4, 2012, at 22:41 , Juraj Lutter wrote:

> I somehow maintain "pdns" package at OpenCSW project and while upgrading
> package from 2.9.x to 3.0.1 I have encountered these kinds of
> compilation issues:
>
> - Typo in "lua" checking, there is either stray "]" in configure.ac
> recipe or one "[" missing
>
> - Some C++ related compilation warnings/errors, for example, not using
> Utility:: prefix to timegm() in utils.hh
>
> - Not including proper Solaris-specific .h files, for example,
> sys/isa_defs.h instead of endian.h
>
> - Failed detection of OpenLDAP and not using -llber for LDAP backend
>
> - PostgreSQL plugin compilation issue, where --with-pgsql-lib=... treats
> "..." as the library, not as the library directory
>
> Is anyone of you from upstream interested in my patches to review them
> and incorporate into upstream sources, eventually?

Yes, we would love to have patches for Solaris support.

Some of these issues have been fixed after 3.0/3.0.1; if you could give 3.1-RC1
a shot to see what issues remain, that would be even more awesome. I'd
love to roll your patches into 3.1-RC2 (which we will release early next week).

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/