[Pdns-users] Control pdns response

Andrea Cappelli a.cappelli at asidev.com
Thu Apr 19 11:19:08 UTC 2012

Hi List,
I'm configuring a server (Ubuntu 12.04 beta2) with powerdns (backend
mysql, recursor for non local zones)

This server will have 3 goal

1) act as nameserver for a some other server, connected with him through
a vpn; for those machine recursor will be available;

2) serve as public authoritative dns for sub1.domain.com, which is
filled with public ip

3) serve as private dns for the zone sub2.domain.com, which records will
be filled with private IP (for example ip on the vpn above)

Goal 1) and 2) are easy, but I can't figure how to handle 3): I don't
want a dns query (sent through public interface) for
srv1.sub2.domain.com to be resolved, instead my desidered behaviour is
to reply that the domain is non existent

Is there a way to accomplish this with powerdns? Or there is a bettere way?

Any help would be appreciated

--
Andrea Cappelli
Asidev s.r.l.