[Pdns-users] NSEC RR - pdns 2.9.22

Sven Broeske mail at svenbroeske.de
Mon Apr 16 09:40:35 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

Regarding the pdns documentation it should be possible to use the NSEC
RR since version 2.9.21. Therefore, I tried to create a NSEC RR with the
value "sub.test.de. A NS SOA". Unfortunately, I get always a SERVFAIL if
I try to 'dig' the domain test.de on my nameserver.

The log file of the pdns server shows the following problem:
"Exception building answer packet (Unknown record was stored
incorrectly, need 3 fields, got 4: sub.test.de. A NS SOA) sending out
servfail"

As far as I know "sub.test.de." should be interpreted as first field
(next domain name) and "A NS SOA" as second field (list of types).

The questions which are resulting:
What would be the third field?
Why is every RR in the "list of types" interpreted as separate field?
What would be the correct configuration?

Versions:
pdns-backend-mysql              2.9.22-8+squeeze2
pdns-server                     2.9.22-8+squeeze2

Linux foobar 2.6.26-2-amd64 #1 SMP Tue Jan 25 05:59:43 UTC 2011 x86_64
GNU/Linux

If you need further information, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Sven