[Pdns-users] PowerDNS Authoritative Server 3.1 Release Candidate 2 available

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Sat Apr 14 15:07:19 UTC 2012

Hi everybody,

Release Candidate 2 of the PowerDNS Authoritative Server 3.1 is available from:

http://powerdnssec.org/downloads/pdns-3.1-rc2.tar.gz
http://powerdnssec.org/downloads/packages/pdns-static-3.1rc2-1.i386.rpm
http://powerdnssec.org/downloads/packages/pdns-static-3.1rc2-1.x86_64.rpm
http://powerdnssec.org/downloads/packages/pdns-static_3.1-rc2-1_amd64.deb
http://powerdnssec.org/downloads/packages/pdns-static_3.1-rc2-1_i386.deb

Additionaly, Kees Monshouwer has kindly provided native builds for RHEL/CentOS
5 and 6 at http://www.monshouwer.eu/download/3rd_party/pdns-server/rc2/

You are cordially invited to (carefully) test this Release Candidate for
correct behaviour. Specifically, if you are using any backends other than
gmysql, gpgsql, gsqlite3 or bind, PLEASE test this candidate.

Full release notes, with clickable links, will be available from:
http://doc.powerdns.com/changelog.html#changelog-auth-3-1

Changes between RC1 and RC2:

* We imported the TinyDNS backend by Ruben d'Arco. Code mostly in commit 2559.
  See Section 15, “TinyDNS Backend”.

* Overriding C(XX)FLAGS is easier now. Problem pointed out by Jose Arthur
  Benetasso Villanova and others, fix suggested by Sten Spans. Patch in commit
  2533.

* TSIG fixes: skip embedded spaces in keys (commit 2536), compute signatures
  correctly (by Ruben d'Arco in commit 2547),

* nproxy, dnsscan and dnsdemog did not compile at all. Fixes in commit 2538,
  commit 2554.

* We now allow unescaped tabs in TXT records. Fix in commit 2539.

* SOA records no longer disappear during incoming transfers. Fix by Ruben
  d'Arco in commit 2540.

* PowerDNS compiles on OS X (and other platforms that support our auth server
  but not the recursor) again, fix in commit 2566.

* Cleanups related to warnings from gcc and valgrind in commit 2561, commit
  2562, commit 2565.

* Solaris compatibility fixes by Ruben d'Arco, Juraj Lutter and others in
  commit 2548, commit 2552, commit 2553, commit 2560. Fixes for *BSD in commit
  2546.

* pdns_control help would report 'version' twice, reported by Gerwin, fix in
  commit 2549.

Kind regards,
- --
Peter van Dijk