[Pdns-users] wiping the packet cache

Stefan Schmidt zaphodb at zaphods.net
Tue Sep 20 23:51:28 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Peter Gervai
<grinapo+pdnsdevel at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 11:38, Klaus Darilion
> <klaus.mailinglists at pernau.at> wrote:
>
>> #################################
>> -# negquery-cache-ttl    Seconds to store packets in the PacketCache
>> +# negquery-cache-ttl    Seconds to store negative queries in the QueryCache
>
> which reminds me: is there a way to wipe the packet cache? rec_control
> wipe-cache simply doesn't.

It does if you specify something that it would wipe off the cache.
wipe-cache also takes asterisks as a wildcard however please note that
on most shells you need to escape that.
There simply is no 'flush the whole cache' option, however restart
should be almost as fast as that.

 Stefan