[Pdns-users] [Patch] SLAVE refresh performance
klaus.mailinglists at pernau.at
Wed Sep 14 13:02:06 UTC 2011
First version of a patch which does:
- add next_check to domains table
ALTER TABLE domains ADD COLUMN next_check INTEGER DEFAULT 0;
CREATE INDEX nextchecktype_index ON domains (next_check,type);
- instead of calculation refresh-expiration every slave-batch cycle
calculate the next_check in advance and query only for SLAVE zones where
next_check is older than NOW().
- added "refresh" and "retry" values to DomainInfo struct.
- extended setFresh() function to set also next_check column
- modified gsql backend to set next_check on UPDATEs
- bind backend just ignores next_check
- on transfer failure UPDATE next_check with 'retry' value (there are
some scenarios where the retry value is not used, e.g. if SOA query
fails, there is no UPDATE to domain tables)
- tested with PowerDNS trunk version (not in production yet)
- modified PostgreSQL SQL queries
Probably the SQL queries for other databases need to be extended as
well, using the database's support for epoch calculation of NOW().
Maybe someone wants to review the patch and give some comments.
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the Pdns-users