[Pdns-users] Recursor as authoritative server

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Sat Sep 10 02:04:35 UTC 2011

Based on my reading of the documentation, my understanding is the
recursor may eliminate the need for an authoritative server for small
applications.  If this is not correct please stop me now!

If that IS correct...my question is how to implement it correctly?
Using the auth-zones parameter, it appears I would set,
"auth-zones=mydomain.local=/etc/powerdns/mydomain.local" - with
"etc/powerdns/mydomain.local" being a file in Bind format.

So far so good?  Alright...how do I implement PTR's?  If these aren't
auto-generated via the first zone file, do I need to add
",0.168.192.in-addr.arpa=/etc/powerdns/mydomain.local.ptrs" - and build
that file accordingly?
--
Daniel