[Pdns-users] private pdns linking to public internet

josslad at yahoo.com josslad at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 16 04:02:10 UTC 2011

Hello pdns gurus,

I have setup pdns/postgresql and am happily resolving hosts and ip's with no
trouble whatsoever.

For example I have my pdns server at godaddy's zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz address and
am able to ping server1 at yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy no trouble as long as my pc
primary dns server is set to zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz

All works fine, no problems there.

I now want to step it up and would like to do the same but using a generic
non pdns dns server anywhere.

For example, I own domain wwwwww.com, and would like for say ping
server1.wwwww.com and resolve correctly to yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy

is there a way to link the public domain with my pdns server?

i think the answer is yes as i have seen some camera vendors do this exact
same thing and i think dydns does it, the real question is what is the magic
needed?

appreciate it - george