[Pdns-users] Recursor not resolving certain domains.

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Sun Nov 20 10:37:47 UTC 2011

Hello Oliver,

On Nov 19, 2011, at 12:33 , Oliver Kent wrote:

> I put the recursor in trace mode recently and ran the query again. Here are the results from the log: https://pastee.org/5cq55 (password is powerdns).

The trace appears to be truncated right after the question is asked to the right auth servers. Is there any more?

> If anyone could tell me what I am doing wrong, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, if there is any other information you guys need, please let me know.

Please see if you can ping, and traceroute to, both of these by IP:
ns1.gogax.com.		172800	IN	A	208.66.71.20
ns2.gogax.com.		172800	IN	A	208.66.71.21

My guess is that you have connectivity issues between your end and gogax. Ping and traceroute should shed some light on that guess.

> I am running Ubuntu Lucid 10.04, PowerDNS version 2.9.22-3 (installed through the Ubuntu repositories using apt-get) and PowerDNS recursor version 3.3-rc2 (installed via Stefan Schmidt's ppa).

I cannot reproduce your issue with 3.3, 3.4-pre or current SVN.

Kind regards,
Peter van Dijk