[Pdns-users] Behavior when asking for out-of-zone queries

Marc Haber mh+pdns-users at zugschlus.de
Wed Nov 16 12:39:38 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 12:44:54PM +0100, Peter van Dijk wrote:
> Ideally, a reproduction includes:
> 1. pcap of client<>recursor
> 2. pcap of recursor<>autos
> 3. pdns trace log
>
> 1 is mostly for convenience, but without 2 or 3, debugging is almost impossible.

The trace log is going to be the hard thing, as restarting the DNS
server usually fixes the issue. Or is it possible to enable tracing in
a running server?

Are you referring to the trace log of the recursor or the trace log of
the authoritative server? Heck, I don't even know whether the
authoritative server _has_ a trace facility.

Greetings
Marc