[Pdns-users] 3.0-RC2 crash on sending notify

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Sun May 29 07:38:39 UTC 2011

I'll top post since the answer is so simple...

For testing I just threw the sqlite db file in my config dir,
/usr/local/etc/pdns and made it owned by the pdns user.  This works fine
for reading, but apparently something in the process of sending a notify
requires a write to the db, and it looks like sqlite wants to write a temp
file or something in that directory.  If it can't, the query fails.  If
the query fails, then I get my "crash".

Making a subdir in my conf dir, moving the db there and making the
directory owned by the db user let me successfully send a notify using
sqlite on the master.

I discovered this when working on my slave and seeing it throw an error on
an inbound axfr.  The logging there was quite obvious - it couldn't open
the file for writing.

Still baffled by the logging thing though...

Thanks,

Charles