[Pdns-users] MongoDB Backend merged Re: Mongo DB and PowerDNS part 3: Now with DNSSEC

Nick Milas nmilas at admin.noa.gr
Fri May 27 07:40:54 UTC 2011

On 27/5/2011 10:16 πΌ, Jan-Piet Mens wrote:

> If it were C, I could help you a bit -- the last time I looked
> (admittedly a few years ago), PowerDNS was written in C++ ;-)

Thank you. Very kind of you.

It must be C++. Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with both (C, C++).

I am an old tech guy: FORTRAN, Pascal (back in the late 80's, and in the
last years I only have time for some medium internal web apps (mainly
procedural and not object-oriented) using: php, coldfusion (some years
ago), javascript/html. I also do a bit of basic bash scripting (for our
admin tasks).

My aim here is to identify problems and (if possible) technical
solutions to open issues on the LDAP backend, and request experienced
developers to do the implementation. Perhaps I shouldn't, because I am
now spending too much time and effort on this, while I have other
serious pending tasks, but no one else will, at the moment.

Thankfully, Bert has taken over to fix some stuff. I am trying to assist
him as much as possible.

Thanks again,
Nick