[Pdns-users] Authoritative Server 3.0 RC2 Performance?

Zane Thomas zane.thomas at gmail.com
Sun May 1 16:51:49 UTC 2011

> Can you tell us a little bit about your backend and your workload?

My backend is essentially a very large cache.
I load several million resource records when the backend first initializes.
I am currently using 6 distributor threads on a 16 core system. The threads
all share the cache. I'm using rdwr locking but there should be little
contention since virtually all accesses are reads.
Every 10 seconds the backend cache might have a few changes.

This is exactly what I was doing with the previous backend.

Given that you are seeing good performance I will look at my code again to
see if I might be causing my own problems.
Since my initial post I noticed one area of my code where I might be getting
into trouble with the STL. Will route around that code and see how it
affects performance.