[Pdns-users] Random -- Entropy key

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Tue Jun 28 13:27:38 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 03:11:10PM +0200, Jan-Piet Mens wrote:
> Bert,
>
> On Wed May 11 2011 at 20:28:44 CEST, bert hubert wrote:
>
> > I've heard good things about http://www.entropykey.co.uk/ . This is a sort
> > of halfway solution - I'd not suggest just using /dev/urandom afterwards for
> > state secrets ;-) but it looks pretty good.
> >
> > I just ordered one to find out.
>
> Have you been able to test the entropy key, and are you willing to share
> your expierience?

yes - it is not a straightforward device. It also took +1 month to arrive.
It requires quite some userland daemons, plus hardware keys and other
things.

I've not yet been able to get it going, but I've also not spent that much
time on it.

Will let you know once I do.

I had hoped it would be simpler, but it comes with a DVD with several
daemons on it.

	Bert