[Pdns-users] PDNS devel and weird IPv6 log entries

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Tue Jun 14 09:55:14 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 11:21:45AM +0200, Detlef Peeters wrote:
> >Or to any of the slaves of depee.org ?
>
> Yes, IPv6 is enabled, and PowerDNS ist listening to it. The mater
> server for the domain depee.org has the IPv6 address:
> "2001:4d88:ffff:ffff:d0:b723:6daf:2".
>
> With PowerDNS 2.9.22 and the same configuration I haven't seen this
> log entries.

This is probably because PowerDNS 2.9.22 would not notify IPv6 hosts ;-) The
error is very weird, could you tcpdump to see if the correct IP addresses
are actually on the wire?

I've traced where the error might be, but the only places that look likely
would cause loads of other problems too, this this seems not very plausible.

Can you send me (privately) the output of 'man recvfrom' on your system?

	Bert