[Pdns-users] powerdns recursor and dns prefix

Konstantine Karosanidze k.qarosanidze at co.ge
Fri Jun 17 19:30:22 UTC 2011

Hello,

I run powerdns recursor  (v 3.3, from freebsd ports) as an ISP recursive dns
(allmost default config I just use nxdomain lua script for not found domain
to be redirected to search page).

It's been working fine for a while but couple days ago I noticed that some
clients have problem with resolving.

Problem is following: all my clients get dns prefix from dhcp, lets say :
domain.com

and i see some requests to dns like: google.com.domain.com that does not
resolv and it's correct that it does not resolve.

I understand that it happens because windows machine ads prefix to requested
domain, but is there any possibility to overcome this problem?