[Pdns-users] positive cache-ttl on recursor

Marten Lehmann lehmann at cnm.de
Sat Jun 11 17:08:54 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm about to migrate from BIND named caching daemon to pdns-recursor,
but I cannot find an equivalent for BINDs max-cache-ttl option.

While max-negative-ttl in pdns is the same as max-ncache-ttl in BIND, I
cannot find an analog parameter for max-cache-ttl. Parameters that I
found in different search results (ie. cache-ttl or packet-cache-ttl)
seem to relate to the authoritative pdns only.

pdns-recursor is only used locally on several servers and as dns entries
for our internal stuff and customer configurations might change more
often then IPs of google.com, we want a positive cache ttl of 900, no
matter what the authoritative dns told. How can we do this?

Kind regards
Marten