[Pdns-users] The Lua Backend for PowerDNS

fredrik danerklint fredan-pdns at fredan.org
Sun Jun 5 18:15:55 UTC 2011

Hi everybody!

Fun news (I hope for all of you out there)!

The Luabackend has been sent to Bert and waiting to be included in the source
code of PowerDNS. The backend has the functionality for dnssec support too!

Please keep in mind that the backend itself cannot be used directly right now
since there is no logic for a backend in Lua (except for the test that I made
with static data to see that the minimal version does work).

What this provide to you all is just a "glue" between PowerDNS and the
Luabackend. You need to have all the functions that PowerDNS expect from a
backend.

Everything has not been tested right now so if you discover something that
might not work as excepted, please tell me that, so we can look into that
together!

--
//fredan