[Pdns-users] 3.0-rc3 libmysqlclient.so error on Debian "squeeze"

Bert Hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Tue Jul 19 16:15:20 UTC 2011

Hmm, the binary should be fully static, could you double check with ldd?

Seth Mattinen <sethm at rollernet.us> wrote:

I just tried the i386 .deb on a test server; doesn't seem to want to start:

timmy:~# wget
http://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/deb/pdns-static_3.0-rc3-1_i386.deb
timmy:~# dpkg -i pdns-static_3.0-rc3-1_i386.deb

timmy:~# pdns_server
pdns_server: error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.14:

timmy:~# ls /usr/lib/ | grep mysql
libmysqlclient.a
libmysqlclient.la
libmysqlclient_r.a
libmysqlclient_r.la
libmysqlclient_r.so
libmysqlclient_r.so.16
libmysqlclient_r.so.16.0.0
libmysqlclient.so
libmysqlclient.so.16
libmysqlclient.so.16.0.0

This seems to be an issue only on a Debian 6.0 "squeeze" system. It
starts fine on the previous Debian stable (5.0 "lenny" has package
libmysqlclient15off vs new libmysqlclient16). Possibly an issue with the
mysql library version on squeeze compared to lenny? Let me know what you
need to know to troubleshoot this or what you'd like me to test.

~Seth