[Pdns-users] DNSSec for other backends?

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Tue Jan 11 11:31:39 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 01:24:53PM +0200, Nick Milas wrote:
> Just wondering, will DNSSec be supported soon with other backends
> except relational databases?

Yes, but it depends on the maintainer. For LDAP, Norbert Sendetzky would
need to do the heavy lifting, since it really is his code.

Norbert? I'm also not entirely sure LDAP supports the required 'ordering'
technology for NSEC/NSEC3-broad mode.

> I'm most interested in LDAP backend. Any plans? Which backends will
> Authoritative Server 3.0 support (except of course the dbase ones
> mentioned above)?

PIPE, Bind, Random, Geo, Generic SQL and possibly a very powerful new Oracle
backend, unsure if that one will be ready/available for release.

	Bert