[Pdns-users] zone configuration

donaldbjames at suddenlinkmail.com donaldbjames at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Jan 5 14:57:51 UTC 2011

Hi Imre,

I too am just another user and I don't work for powerdns.

The ip addresses of the slave servers are as follows:

ns1.twisted4life.com.   ['202.157.182.142']   [TTL=172800]
b.ns.buddyns.com.   ['173.244.206.26']   [TTL=172800]
c.ns.buddyns.com.   ['82.130.104.115']   [TTL=172800]

I am wondering where to enter the ip addresses of the slave servers in
the pdns.conf.  Or,  are the ip addresses of the slave servers entered
somewhere in the zone files?

Yes, that machine has pdns installed on it and it is a master.

I have set up this machine as a router.  It has two network interface
cards in it.

I test it by going to my domain name registrar and changing the static
ip.  Then I see if the slave zone files get updated.  Here's where the
problem lies.  The slave zone files don't get updated.  The slaves are
trying to respond to the previous static ip.

Regards,

Don James