[Pdns-users] stuck tcp sessions on recursor

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Thu Feb 24 20:11:44 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 03:06:12PM -0500, Charles Sprickman wrote:
> >this definitely sounds like 3.3 material!
>
> So far so good, nearly 500,000 tcp queries without any lingering sockets.

Good!

> Totally unrelated, but I see a stat that's not mentioned in the
> docs: "no-packet-error 492682".  What is that, and is it any cause
> for concern?

It is a debugging metric we added to see if our event multiplexing
infrastructure is operating as well as it could. Can you give me the output
of 'rec_control get-all' after some time of operation?

It is probably of no concern, but it might waste some CPU cycles. Probably
no-packet-error is a lot smaller than your number of questions and
outqueries.

> I'm really happy with the recursor so far, we previously used
> dnscache and we're seeing about 1/5 the cpu usage and I believe
> we're also answering queries that we weren't before - our overall
> qps went up quite a bit after the switch.

great!

	Bert