[Pdns-users] clarification of powerdns recursor statistics, input for munin-plugin

Ruben '_cyclops_' d'Arco cyclops at prof-x.net
Sun Feb 20 10:21:12 UTC 2011

Hi,

You're message got through. It was rather long which i think didn't help :-)
Also, you're from-address doesn't work, so any direct replies would have failed.

I personally run cacti as a graph tool. From the information others have posted here:
http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=33395

and the manual:
http://doc.powerdns.com/recursor-stats.html

I was able to build good stats myself. The manual is missing some keys that you do get back from get-all. But do you really need all those graphs?
For me, only cache statistics and reply-speed was interesting.

Regards,
        Ruben